Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 15: The beginning of the End

Yes, a very dramatic title for a post. Well, why not? It really is the beginning of the end of my internship at the Gazette. I have one more week left and I can tell you, I'm going to miss this place and the people who work here; though I will NEVER miss doing the floaters (GRRR, floaters...).

This week wasn't very much different from before with the exception that two out of the four interns' last day was either yesterday or today. Luke and I will stick around for another week, meaning one more week of floaters and Hey Do This! Yes!

Again, this week wasn't much different. I wrote floaters and wrote a story for the book. Basically an abortions bill update. I haven't officially finished it yet because on Monday one of the first law suit hearings against the ultrasound bill will take place.

While it wasn't very different, the Gazette editorial staff was very nice about taking the interns out to eat to Ingrid's Kitchen and paying for us. :) The lunch conversation was very fun too, but I won't go into detail.

This is so surreal. I can't believe this internship is coming to a close. If any one of you has the chance to intern at the Oklahoma Gazette, do it. You won't regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment