Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 12: Reporting and writing

I know I have said this more times that I can count but I really love my career choice. I continually do what I really like to do.

This week, I covered a town hall meeting in Guthrie with U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn, R- Oklahoma, where he was very gracious to those on the other side of the floor. I unfortunately missed out on the famous one in OKC but the Guthrie one was basically the same.

My cover story came out. It was good. I loved the cover art for it. Click here to read the longer version online.

The best part of my week though was when I got to interview two really respected journalists, former CNN and NBC News correspondent Mike Boettcher and Editor-at-Large of TIME Magazine Mark Halperin. I would give my right arm to be working at TIME Magazine by the way. :)

Now, if you read either one of these guys' biographies you would be amazed at their careers. While both are extremely impressive, Boettcher, who considers Oklahoma City his hometown, has become one of my heroes. I am hoping he will be teaching at OU again next year because I would love to have a class with him!

I would honestly give a vital organ to have half the career of either one of these men. They have the careers I aspire to have. It's speaking to these people that reaffirms my love for what I do and makes me want to give it my all and do what I can to make me want to become a better journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment