Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 11: Stress!

This week, I wrote a story for the Gazette.

Not too much different from what I usually do every week, correct? Well, this week is different mostly because this week's story is scheduled to be a cover story for the Gazette.

A COVER STORY!

You can use the words of Joe Biden when President Obama signed the health care bill into law to describe how I feel about it.

It's about the top ten delinquent taxpayers in the state. Let me tell you, no one was very happy to talk to me, sadly enough.

I had nightmares about this story for three days. It was all the same, I was trying to finish my story and somehow, somewhere down the road, I couldn't finish for deadline and then I look at the paper the next day and The Oklahoman wrote my story. I would wake up in a cold sweat every time and was too agitated to go back to sleep.

Well, unlike what my subconscious was so afraid of, I did make deadline and my story is in the process of going through its third review of fact checking.

Pick up a copy of next week's Gazette. It should have my name on the cover of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment