Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 14: Exhaustion

Well, I'm exhausted! This past week has to be one of the most draining weeks I have had, both physically and emotionally. Dividing up my time between my internship and school is always a balancing act but throwing in hiring for the Daily next semester, the last two days threw me for a loop.

I started this week going to the 15th anniversary of the Alfred P. Murrah Building bombing. It was very somber and while I think I was too young to understand the significance of that day as a child, I developed a better understanding of that day.

During the ceremony and throughout the day when I walked through the museum for the first time, I cried at least three times: first during the reading of the names by family members of the victims, the my initial response to the museum and how they used the news reels of that day that I vaguely remember and when I read my friend's article in The Oklahoma Daily about a family's journey moving on.

It's these events I wish and hope that I find the right words to tell the story.

The next Wednesday, I was able to cover Bill Clinton coming to Oklahoma City to accept an award from the museum's foundation. The event was good, but at that point in the day, I was spent. Click here to read my story.

After that, I worked on school work and interviewed applicants. I can't tell you how glad I am it is the weekend and how excited I am to sleep and catch a few awesome bands at the Norman Music Festival! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment