Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 7: Jargon

After a whirlwind week that was last week (writing one big story for the book and two small stories for the Web as well the regular floaters), I was preoccupied with things going on with my bank statements.

During our editorial planning meeting Tuesday morning, Rob Collins, the editor, gave me a story about a new proposal by the Oklahoma Corporate Commission's staff to have a new fee for each phone number to make all calls in the state toll-free.

As I started to look into it, I started confused. As I'm writing the story, I'm even more confused. Why? Since it is a proposal, nothing is final. It's actually a living draft that may or may not come together. Then talking to the people involved, I got more confused. Why? Because of the telecommunications jargon.

I honestly hope that my story this week makes sense and that whatever is ailing my bank statement will be fought away.

No comments:

Post a Comment