Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 6: "OH MY GOD!"


"Oh my God!" was what I said over and over again in my head Wednesday when I realized I would be going to the Billy Joel/Elton John Face 2 Face concert which was yesterday at the Ford Center. Coming from a dad who loves Billy Joel and a mom who loves both, I knew seeing them would be legendary! Seeing two iconic, talented musicians from mid-range ticket seat in an arena, what could be cooler?!

Thursday night, I found out what was. Writing a review for the Oklahoma Gazette's Web site, I was just happy to be getting free tickets to go to a concert I had been wanting to go for about year. When my friend Jamie Birdwell and I looked in the envelope to see where we were sitting, we freaked out!

"WE ARE ON THE FLOOR, FOURTH ROW!"

The concert started with so much anticipation in the room, it felt like a balloon with too much air inside.

Needless to say, I had a blast at the concert and Elton John looked at Jamie and myself, then blew us a kiss, probably because we were the youngest people in the first 10 rows...

To read what I officially thought of the concert, click here to view my review for the Oklahoma Gazette.

No comments:

Post a Comment